Donor Development Director
For: Women’s Life Care Center, serving Saint Paul, MN and northern suburbs Employment Type: 30-40 hours per week – Reports to: Executive Director
Who We Are
A pregnancy resource center making a positive impact in the lives of pregnant and parenting mothers in our local community for over 35 years. Our mission is to strengthen families and empower women to overcome obstacles surrounding their pregnancy by providing free life coaching, parenting, prenatal & maternal wellness services. Our vision is a community where all parents embrace the value of human life and rise to meet the challenges of pregnancy and parenthood.
The Development Manager is responsible for building and maintaining a major gift catalogue of donors and prospects to meet the financial goals of Women’s Life Care Center. This position will concentrate efforts in our local service area. The right person must be comfortable with a multi-faceted ask to include current fundraisers and donation activities, grant writing and other giving campaigns when necessary. The Development Manager must leverage the skills and duties of WLCC staff and volunteers to achieve goals and increase donor engagement. A large part of this position involves the willingness and ability to interact and meet “face-to-face” with donors and prospects.
- Grows a major gifts program to secure funding for current budget and future initiatives.
- Solicits major donors to support our services through personal contact, building ongoing and long-term relationships and encouraging major donors to increase their giving;
- Identifies potential corporations and foundations to contribute through endowments, trusts, donations of gifts-in-kind, or bequests, and establish methods of transferring funds to benefit both donors and the organization;
- Partners with Community Outreach Advocate to execute events related to donor stewardship and building our donor base;
- Networks with local community and church groups;
- Manages and expands current major donor projects/fundraising campaigns;
- Tracks all activities with assigned donors, prospects and volunteers using Salesforce tools and database;
- Provides monthly reports to the Executive Board;
- Engages with Graphic Media Manager in developing marketing materials for these campaigns by researching, preparing and writing a variety of messages used to inform and attract donors around specific issues and/or giving opportunities;
- Optimizes grant seeking process, including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements;
- Supports and promotes the agency’s Mission, Vision and Core Values.
2+ years’ experience in campaign and/or major gift fundraising, or high-level customer service;
- Ability to build relationships to further Development goals;
- Track record of success in building and increasing financial support from managed prospects or sales portfolio.
Based upon agreed hours, experience, qualifications and commitment -Benefits: PTO Send Resume to: Jacinta Lagasse, Acting Executive Director, email@example.com